Friday, December 7, 2012

A Quick Countdown

My mom's pretty Christmas tree.
 
  T-minus one week (and a little change) and I'll be headed home for a some Holiday Cheer.

  Honestly, the nearly-four months that have passed since I came back to France have flown by. I remember my first several seasons overseas when I would have a countdown-til-home started by mid-October. But not this year. I'm not quite sure what that means, probably just that I've become all too familiar with the countdown game

  Time has gone so fast that I think I'm the least-prepared I've ever been for the Holidays. I haven't gone shopping one time, let alone thought about potential gifts to bring home for family and friends.

  So I have a week to get into the Holiday spirit.

  And win two basketball games.

Last Christmas with my nieces.
  That's really at the forefront of my mind right now. You probably know that I've been less-than-satisfied with how the first half of the season has gone. So I'm focusing in on these last two games before the break, hoping to get things turned around.

  Maybe that's why I feel like it shouldn't be Christmas time just yet: I have too much unfinished business left on the basketball court.

  Come December 16th, we'll be at the midway-point of our season, and I'm hoping the last two games before our break will be a sign of things to come for the second half of the season.

Home to see the fam!
  This season, my teammates and I are in the unusual but fortunate (I guess) situation to be going on break a week before the rest of our league does. Before the season got underway in September, one of the teams --Armentieres -- dropped out due to financial problems.

  It just so happened that we were scheduled to play Armentieres the last game before Christmas, on the 22nd. So now, with them out of the league, we will be at the midway point a week early.

  Til then, I'll be getting things organized for my trip home, doing a little shopping, and more-importantly, doing my best to come home for the Holidays with two more wins!

  Maybe I should turn on some Holiday music, and that'll help get me into the spirit.

  Bon week-end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment