Monday, November 12, 2012

If It's Important, You Will Find A Way

DMBC @ Calais.

  Part of my Sunday was spent browsing through my blog entries from the previous year.

  On occasion, I'll go back through older entries, looking to update them or revise them. It's also interesting to see where my mind was at, and what exactly I was doing just a short-year-ago.

  That's the cool thing about having a digital diary of sorts. You can go back through, any date, whenever you want.

  After another tough game on Saturday, I may have also been looking for something to fall back on -- a little encouragement, or motivation.

  One particular post I came across stuck out immediately. It addressed the following graphic, and dealt with motivation and our priorities.


    This graphic reminded me of a few valuable things:
  • You can only control yourself, and the things you have the power over. Your effort. Your attitude. Your words.
  • You cannot make anyone care any more, or any less about something, than they already do. As much as you may try, it's only going to be as important as it is to THEM.
  • Excuses get you nowhere. They're a waste of time, and a waste of energy. They just hold you back from achieving what you're supposedly striving to accomplish.
 
  A 0-6 record is a tough pill for me to swallow. It's difficult enough just to think about, let alone write down, for all the world to see. But it's prime time to stop making excuses, keep a positive attitude, take a hard look at ourselves in the mirror, and start putting in the work to earn some wins.




0 comments:

Post a Comment