Friday, December 16, 2011

Time to Head Home!

Christmas at Mom & Dad's!

  The weekend is almost upon us! And for me, it's the one I've been looking forward to for months: the weekend I get to head home for the holidays!

  The last week in Dunkerque has crept along at a snail's pace for me. Funny how time seems to go so much slower when the thing you've been looking forward to has almost arrived (it's kind of like that last hour of a nine-hour flight. So close, yet still so far away!).

  I did get a little shopping done, but for the most part, this week has been status quo for me.

  I had one last Wednesday night dinner at V and Bruno's house (of 2011 anyways). They insisted that I try escargot! The one thing I have continually been saying that I would not try since I got to France, and they were going to make me eat it! I told Bruno that I would have one (snail -- ha!) if he would have one, since he said he didn't like them. V, on the other hand loves escargot, so she was the real winner in all of this.

V showing me how it's done!
Escargot.

 





  We had a great Christmas dinner. I had TWO snails (that just doesn't seem okay to write!), and took home the shells as proof! Safe to say, those are the only two snails I will ever eat in my life. 

These munchkins will be a year older!
  My team has an important game Saturday night, then my teammates and I will go our separate ways for a couple weeks to celebrate Christmas and the New Year (and in my case, a birthday!).

  It's been years since I've been home on my birthday (which I happen to share with my Nana), so it's going to be great to be home surrounded by friends and family on January 3rd.

  I've had a great first four months in Dunkerque, and I'm looking forward to returning in January for another awesome four months. But I am definitely looking forward to getting back on US soil, having a Starbucks or two (or 10), seeing friends and family, and enjoying the holidays at home!

  Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the holiday season as well!

Last Christmas with Nana & Sophia.
Christmas 2009.
  I'll try to make a couple entries a week while I'm home, but I won't make any promises! Maybe I'll put the early, early jet-lagged mornings to good use and write. But that's also a good time to get to the gym too!
 
  Happy Holidays to you and yours! Looking forward to a happy and healthy 2012!

  Now back to cleaning and packing!






0 comments:

Post a Comment