Friday, November 4, 2011

Marathon Road Trip


  30 hours on a bus for a 40 minute basketball game. The glamorous life of a professional basketball player, huh?

  My team plays in a city called Perpignan on Saturday night. Perpignan is roughly 700 miles (or 1100 kilometers) from Dunkerque. Anyway you slice it, that's a long time on a bus. We left Thursday night at 10, will travel though the night, and will arrive in Perpignan sometime this afternoon (Friday).

  Needless to say, I'm loading my bag up with books, music, movies, my laptop, and pen and paper (for when my laptop dies). But I'm hoping to pass most the time sleeping! If all else fails, the road trip will give me a good opportunity to brainstorm for upcoming blogs!

  Hope you have a great weekend! Yours will *probably* be more productive than mine. Unless you consider traveling 1,400 miles in a couple days an accomplishment. I'll let you know how it goes!







The route from Dunkerque (blue) to Perpignan (red).

2 comments:

  1. I have the best hollidays in Perpignan ever.
    It was one of the best travel locations for me
    Hope you enjoy the ride and win the game today.
    Best wishes from Germany.
    Dirk / but not the real one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    I absolutely loved Perpignan! Major taste of Spain/Italy with some France on the side. :) Unfortunately, the game was horrendous. :/

    ReplyDelete